Thursday, August 19, 2010

Caleb Andrew May

As many of you know, Caleb was born last Thursday at St Johns hospital in St Louis MO. He was 8lbs 5 oz and a whooping 21 1/4 in long. Thus far he has been a very happy baby and April and I are enjoying every minute of him. I've often heard people talking about being a parent and how wonderful it is, I was always curious if I would also feel this way. Now a week later I can say that what people say is true there is nothing better than being a parent. The other thing that people would always talk about is being prepared for no sleep. I can also certainly agree with this as well, I feel for April as she is getting less sleep than me thus far, he has been sleeping fairly well throughout the night, (knock on wood). Bentley has been doing great with the baby, he is somewhat curious and extremely tired, he is used to sleeping about 15 hours a day and the baby has been interrupting that. A couple of things about the delivery, everything went smoothly, we elected to schedule a C section because the baby had not dropped and there was concern that he would be over 9lbs. This was a little strange for me and somewhat uneventful we were able to pack, eat lunch and go to the hospital with little fanfare. The most important thing is that baby and mom are doing well and everything went pretty smoothly. We ended up spending 4 nights in the hospital which was also a little strange, but because the C section was scheduled for late Thursday it was the best thing for April and the baby. We are spending our days hanging out enjoying Caleb, I've become an expert at diaper changing with little practice, I suppose I've taken to it naturally, if you must have a talent I suppose this is as good of one to have as any. I plan to take another week off and April will be out of work until November, I could write more but I will save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment